Internships/Experiential Learning for Students
The ISU Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship is committed to working with students to
help them develop entrepreneurial skills and to provide a support structure that encourages
new business creation in their futures. The Center provides:
- Exposure to entrepreneurship through programs, speakers, and outreach opportunities;
- Education in entrepreneurship in both formal and informal environments;
- Experience in entrepreneurship through learning laboratories and employment or internship opportunities.
The Center provides students a range of experience-based learning opportunities to choose
from. The Business Labs provide a structured environment where students solve real business
problems. Internships and independent study courses are offered for students wishing to immerse
themselves in the start up experience. Each of the venues share core goals for the student
- Demands of a startup/early stage company or product;
- Expectation of the production of value for the customer;
- Experience with the interaction of technology and the marketplace;
- Achieving time sensitive goals in multi-disciplinary teams.
Reiman Scholars in Entrepreneurship Internship Program
The Iowa State University Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship offers a unique internship opportunity for
entrepreneurial-minded students. The program is designed for students who have a strong and demonstrated interest
in entrepreneurship and in working in an entrepreneurial environment.
The Reiman Scholars in Entrepreneurship is our cornerstone experience-based
learning program. The Kauffman Entrepreneur Internship program and the Madolyn Johnson Entrepreneur Scholars Program
have helped to expand internship opportunities for ISU students.